Security jobs in your ZIP code
Nature of the Bank Security Guard Job
A bank Security Guard or Security Officer, secures bank premises against illegal entry, fire, theft, vandalism, equipment malfunctions, and medical emergencies by guarding and patrolling the premises.
They also prepare shift reports monitoring and documenting all observations and activities. They administer security devices and settings at the Bank facilities; identifies, analyzes, and controls existing and potential safety hazards; and provides security and safety training, support and guidance to all Bank personnel.
The required qualifications vary from state to state, please review our state specific Security Guard Eligibility Requirement Pages for more information pertaining to the state in which you are planning to apply for Bank Security Guard job.
- Control entry to the facilities, physically checking employee ID’S, Non – Employee ID’s recording entry-utilizing software for employee verification and the visitor badging system.
- Patrol and monitor the Home Office complex including building and grounds for fire, water, electrical, safety hazards intruders, theft and vandalism a s part of daily guard tours.
- Extinguish office lights after normal business hours, check fire-fighting equipment, and ensure that all doors close and latch properly. Prepare tickets for building equipment in need of repair.
- Operate company vehicle to patrol remote areas and buildings, checking for unlocked doors, perform parking lot checks, enforce parking regulations, notify the security control center by telephone or radio of any immediate hazards or irregularities encountered while patrolling and responding to alarms and instructions received from security control center.
- Obtain and deliver currency from the pay parking lot gates, replace the coin boxes and manually operate all parking lot, garage and ramp gates during malfunctions.
- Provide traffic control for after hour events and weather related incidents.
- Escort and assist employee to and from the airport and offsite facilities, escort terminated contractors and employees from the building when requested.
- Provide Bank physical security during opening and closing hours.
- Provide escorts to Bank personnel during the retrieval of currency from the night deposit box.
- Control entry to the banks visitor lot, record entry and exit times, license number, and nature of business of each visitor, reserve and hold parking stall for contracted service companies and special guests, and provide directional assistance to employees and visitors searching form parking spaces.
Salary of Bank Security Guards
A bank security Guard can earn an average annual salary of $30,000. However depending on the state and city this figure may vary widely.
Future Prospects of Bank Security Guard Jobs:
The entire security industry is expected to see a growth of around 14% by 2018, and this one will increase likewise.