Security jobs in your ZIP code
A theft occurring in a big construction site could derail the schedule and may even result in shutting down the construction for a period of time.
Not having a construction security guard and the occurrence of theft in the premises will increase insurance cost also. Many larger constructions require heavy machinery and if the rental firms discover that their valuable property is not secure, they may be reluctant to rent their equipment.
Now a days, construction security guards are considered crucial in the industry which has over $1 billion in losses due to theft. Everyone is affected when there is a theft, starting from the contractors all the way to the insurers. Thieves are finding that construction sites are an easy target for the theft of copper, machinery, and other valuable merchandise. Vandalism and theft are two security risks to be concerned about on construction sites.
Lost productivity, missed project deadlines, slipped completion dates and the consequential penalty fees, plus high re-insurance premiums all impact the bottom line and put a strain on the budgets.
Responsibilities of a Construction Security Guard:
- Control all vehicles and visitors to the construction site.
- Log the listing of all vehicles, deliveries and visitors on the construction site.
- Escorting visitors to the construction office.
- Secure entrance during non-operating hours.
- Foot patrol of construction site.
- Inspection of exterior fencing checking for security breaches.
- Maintain watch over construction equipment.
- Maintain watch over office trailers and their contents.
- Emergency Security Officer coverage.
- Emergency response (fire or other emergencies).
- Perform an inventory check on all the equipment at the beginning and end of their shift.
- Prepare daily activity and incident reports.
- Use flashlights, two-way radios, whistles, reflective security vest, pagers and cell phones.
- Notify local police and/or fire departments when needed.
Salary of Construction Security Guards:
The salary can range from $8.00 to $12.00 per hour depending on the company and location.