Security jobs in your ZIP code
Can you describe the advantages and disadvantages of working as a Security Guard on a cruise ship?
Challenges of working on a Cruise Ship:
- Cruise Ships Security Guard jobs are not ideal for everyone. A great amount of discipline and hard work is required and expected from the employees.
- Applicants should be “team players” and enjoy working WITH people.
- As a Security Guard you will be living and sharing relatively limited space with one or more fellow crew members.
- You will be working away from home for several months at a time.
- You have to be very much service orientated.
- You should be mentally stable to not to spoil the fun with your own issues and temperaments.
- There is nothing more important than quality of service on the cruise ship. Passengers are always right, even when they are wrong.
How to apply for a Cruise Ship Security Job:
Most cruise ships recruit their staff through placement agencies. Even if you send your application directly to the cruise ship company, they will direct you to apply through their placement agencies.
Placement agencies operate all over the glob wherever they can find people with the right skills at the right salary. Often times they recruit people from less developed countries where there are a surplus of talented people and less opportunities for them.
Listed below are the links to the lists of several cruise ship placement agencies.
Advantages of working on a Cruise Ship:
- Money: Your room and board are paid by the cruise line. You don’t have to pay electricity, cable or phone bills. This means you will be able to save your entire salary.
- You will be saving substantial amount of money for a short period of time,
- If you are passionate above travel, then this is the job for you. You get paid to travel, you can travel around the world without you spending any money. This is probably one of the biggest pluses to working on a cruise line.
- If you like to meet people, then you can meet vary many people from many different nationalities and cultures.
- You can develop professional skills and gain excellent work experience which will make you an ideal candidate to any hospitality industry when you are ready to take new challenges after your cruising days.
- Often times you will also get the following benefits:
- Reduced price cruise vacation for your family and friends
- Air travel to and from your home to the port or your duty station
- Free laundry service while inside the ship
- Free medical insurance which is required by maritime law
- Discounts at cruise ship stores while onboard and often also at the land based stores, bars and restaurants
- Wages often paid in cash monthly