Security jobs in your ZIP code
Salary and Prospects of Security Guard Jobs in Alabama
- Number of persons employed as Security Guards in Alabama is: 13,110
- Annual Average Wage of a Security Guard in Alabama is: $24,540.00
Eligibility Requirement for Security Guard in Alabama
- To become a security guard or security officer in Alabama, you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Not diagnosed with a mental illness
- No felonies or criminal convections
- Must pass a drug screening test
- Must be a US citizen or a legal resident alien
- Armed Security Guards require firearm training
Application Steps for Security Guard in Alabama
- Submit fingerprints & background check.
- Provide a social security number.
- Under go, a criminal background check conducted by Alabama Bureau of Investigations.
Fees to Apply for a Security Guard in Alabama
- Personal License Fee: $50.00
- Personal License Late Fee: $25.00
- Personal License Replacement Fee: $ 10.00
Training Syllabus for a Security Guard in Alabama
Security Guard License in Alabama is regulated by Alabama Security Regulatory Board.
A person applying for a security guard or security officer license requires to take a minimum of 8 hours Board approved classroom training by a Certified Trainer. The training should includes:
- Training in legal and ethical issues.
- The use of limited force
- How to properly report to authorities
- Write proper written reports
- How to deal with medical emergencies including first aid and CPRl
- How to deal with fire emergencies
- Crowd control
- Detainment of suspects