Security jobs in your ZIP code
Salary and Prospects of Security Guard Jobs in Colorado
As per the latest employment statistics of Bureau of Labor Statistics, the outlook for Security Guard job in Colorado is indicated below.
Eligibility Requirement for Security Guard in Colorado
In order to qualify for an unarmed security guard license the following requirements must be met:
- Must be at least 18 year old.Must be a resident of Colorado.
- Must be a United States citizen or registered resident alien.
- Must have a valid Colorado driver’s license or state ID card.
- A valid social security card.
- Must provide a medical certificate (within 60 days of filing the security guard application) stating you are physically capable of performing the duties of a security guard. Only a physician, nurse practitioner or physician assistant certified by the Colorado State Board of Medical Examiners can administer this certificate.Proof of background check, within 30 days after filing the security guard application, from the CBI or other recognized source
Application Steps for Security Guard in Colorado
Applicant must have a health certificate by a licensed physician, nurse practitioner or physician’s assistant that should be submitted within 60 days upon application. This certification should show that the applicant has no medical conditions that could affect his unarmed security guard duties.
Fees to Apply for a Security Guard in Colorado
Application Fee: $50.00
Training Syllabus for a Security Guard in Colorado
- Ethics and legal issues.
- Working in a public setting.
- Detainment of suspects.
- Legal use of force.
- Proper written reports.
- Emergency training.