Security jobs in your ZIP code
Salary and Prospects of Security Guard Jobs in Georgia
- Number of persons employed as Security Guards in Georgia are: 29,340
- Annual Average Wage of a Security Guard in Georgia is: $24,890.00.
Eligibility Requirement for Security Guard in Georgia
- Must be at least 18 year old.
- Must be a United States citizen or registered resident alien.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Have good moral character.
- No felony convictions or any crime involving the illegal use of weapons.
- Have not committed any acts of fraud.
- Drug testing (which may be ongoing).
- Driver’s License
- Good physical conditioning
- Be able to stand long periods of time.
- Good Communication skills.
Application Steps for Security Guard in Georgia
A basic training course consisting of at least 24-hours class instruction must be successfully completed. This course can be given by the potential employer or may be taken as a standalone class.
Fees to Apply for a Security Guard in Georgia
Training Syllabus for a Security Guard in Georgia
- Proper writing of reports.
- The legal and ethical issues that can arise on the job.
- Crowd management.
- Emergency medical care including CPR .
- Emergency fire training including evacuations.
- Detaining suspects or shoplifters.