Security jobs in your ZIP code
Salary and Prospects of Security Guard Jobs in Tennessee
- Number of persons employed as Security Guards in Tennessee are: 21,840
- Annual Average Wage of a Security Guard in Tennessee is: $24,530.00.
Eligibility Requirement for Security Guard in Tennessee
- Applicants must be 18 years old at least.
- Applicants must be a resident of the United States and must be able to provide proof of his residency.
- Applicants must have a valid driver’s license in the state of Tennessee.
- Applicants must be in good physical condition and can stand in long periods.
- Applicants must be subjected to an FBI style background check.
- Applicants must be free from any psychological disorders that might impede him in performing his duties.
- Applicants must have good communication skills and can follow instructions well.
- Applicants must be of good moral character.
- Applicants must not have multiple drinking convictions.
- Applicants must not have a history of narcotics addiction or dependency.
- Applicants must not have probation within 5 years for any serious crimes that include violence, firearms or shoplifting.
Application Steps for Security Guard in Tennessee
- Applicants must complete the application form with correct information regarding them.
- Applicants must submit three fingerprint cards and must be processed by the TBI.
- Applicants must attend training at a certified states facility.
Fees to Apply for a Security Guard in Tennessee
Training Syllabus for a Security Guard in Tennessee
- Training in emergency procedures.
- Education in the legal powers and limitations of the unarmed security guard.
- Education in the general duties of an unarmed security guard.
Other Useful Information for Security Guard Application in Tennessee