Security jobs in your ZIP code
Salary and Prospects of Security Guard Jobs in West Virginia
- Number of persons employed as Security Guards in West Virginia are: 22,450
- Annual Average Wage of a Security Guard in West Virginia is: $27,140.00.
Eligibility Requirement for Security Guard in West Virginia
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
- Applicants must be a resident of the United States or a legal alien.
- Applicants will be submitted to a criminal background check.
- Applicants must be a high school graduate and have a high school diploma or any equivalency certification.
- Applicants must submit a valid photo identification.
- Applicants must be physically fit.
- Applicants must be mentally competent and must not suffer any psychological disorders.
- Applicants must pass a drug screening test.
- Applicants must have no history of buying or selling stolen properties.
- Applicants must have no drug or alcohol dependencies.
- Applicants must have no history of aiding an inmate to escape.
- Applicants must not possess or distribute any illicit drugs.
- Applicants must not be convicted of fraud.
- Applicants must not have no history of violating any rules or law.
- Applicants must complete 18 hours of required training.
- Applicants must have a good moral character.
Application Steps for Security Guard in West Virginia
Fees to Apply for a Security Guard in West Virginia
License Fee: $150
Training Syllabus for a Security Guard in West Virginia
- First Aid Overview.
- Report Writing.
- Role of Private Security.
- Legal Aspects.
- Incident Response.
- Patrol and Observation.
- Customer Service Issues: Addressing the Public.
- Security Resources: Surveillance Operation and Documentation.
Other Useful Information for Security Guard Application in West Virginia