Security jobs in your ZIP code
Nature of Hotels and Motels Security Guard Job:
The job description of hotels and motels security officers is quite detailed. It is the sort of career which is both rewarding and fulfilling but also has a number of challenges and risks. The challenge here is to remember that the hotels and motels are both private and public at the same time.
They are public in that anyone can access them for accommodation, and they are private since the residents of these facilities must be allowed to enjoy their privacy. Security guards here are expected to protect employees, the hotel as well as the guests round the clock.
Responsibilities of Hotels and Motels Security Guard:
The main work these Hotels and Motels Security Officers have to do revolve around protecting the premises from vandalism, fire, theft and trespassers. Everything inside the hotel, including valuables and cash, must also be secured and protected by these security guards.
They are mostly expected to patrol round the hotel and motel on foot looking out for any trespasser. They must be keen and quite observant as well since they are expected to identify any potential danger beforehand. The ability to stay calm under tense situations is highly valued among the guards. .
Specific Duties of Hotels and Motels Security Guards:
- Patrol hotel premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates.
- Answer alarms and investigate disturbances.
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
- Write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
- Call police or fire departments in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Circulate among visitors, patrons, and employees to preserve order and protect property.
Future Prospects of Hotels and Motels Security Guard Jobs:
Since the entire security industry is expected to see a growth of around 10% in security guard jobs, this particular category will benefit from this as well.
Salaries of Hotels and Motels Security Guard:
The average annual earnings which these Hotels and Motels Security Officers take home are between $18,000 and $45,000.