Security jobs in your ZIP code
Nature of Malls and Retailers Security Officer Job:
The work done by mall and retailer security officers has become very important in this day and age when attacks by terrorists seem to target these buildings. However, the first responsibility of such a security guard is to protect the mall and retailer from theft. They often work for a single store on the mall, or are employed by the entire mall to safeguard the whole facility.
Responsibilities of Malls and Retailers Security Officer:
The mall and security officer is also expected to maintain order on the facility. He/she is also expected to ensure that no illegal activity goes on inside the mall or retailer whether people are around or not. There are different duties assigned to these security officers and it all depends on the position they are required to fill as well as the mall or company they work for. Often they Patrol the facility or man a post as instructed and serve as a general security presence and visible deterrent to crime and client rule infractions. They are expected to detect suspicious activities and watch for criminal acts at or near assigned post which may be a threat to the property or employees at the site. Report all incidents, accidents or medical emergencies. Respond to emergencies, such as medical and bomb threats; and to alarms, such as fire and intrusion by following emergency response procedures.
Specific Duties of Malls and Retailers Security Guard, Security Officer:
- Foot and vehicle patrol of interior and exterior areas of assigned locations.
- Observe and report suspicious activities and persons.
- Write detailed narrative reports and maintain daily activity reports (DARs).
- Enforce rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and respond to emergency situations requiring security assistance.
- Monitor entrances/exits and sales floor for potential theft by identifying suspicious behaviors and activity.
- Gather theft indicators and use internal and external intelligence to positively impact shortage trends.
- Effectively communicate with store leadership and members of the Loss Prevention team.
- Maintaining a Safe & Secure Environment
- Provide a visible presence at store entrances/exits and on sales floor in a company issued vest/uniform monitoring for potential safety issues.
- Provide assistance to store leadership to maintain a safe and secure environment for associates and customers.
- Minimizing Operational Shortage.
- Increase associate awareness on effective processes to minimize operational shortage by training and educating around shortage reduction initiatives.
- Observe and provide feedback on proper checkout procedures for customers and associates.
- Developing Great Teams & Partnerships.
- Provide excellent customer service by greeting customers and answering questions.
- Regular involvement with internal and external triad partners. May include, but not limited to, conference calls, meetings, store visits, etc.
Salaries of Malls and Retailers Security Officer:
Mall and retailer security officers are often either employed by the mall directly, or are part of a large security agency which employs and then assigns them to work at malls or retailers. These guards are often paid not less than $23,000 every year.
Future Prospects of Malls and Retailers Security Officer:
The prospects show that the industry is expected to see an increase of around 14% by 2018.
They are often required to wear uniform so that it is easier to identify them.