Security jobs in your ZIP code
Salary and Prospects of Security Guard Jobs in Alabama
As per the latest employment statistics of Bureau of Labor Statistics, the outlook for Security Guard job in Alabama is indicated below.
- Number of persons employed as Security Guards in Alabama is: 13,110
- Annual Average Wage of a Security Guard in Alabama is: $24,540.00
Eligibility Requirement for Security Guard in Alabama
In Alabama, all security guards must register with the Alabama Security Regulatory Board . You can only work with a registered private security agency which are again licensed by Alabama Security Regulatory Board.
- To become a security guard or security officer in Alabama, you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Not diagnosed with a mental illness
- No felonies or criminal convections
- Must pass a drug screening test
- Must be a US citizen or a legal resident alien
- Armed Security Guards require firearm training
Application Steps for Security Guard in Alabama
The application process requires that you must:
- Submit fingerprints & background check.
- Provide a social security number.
- Under go, a criminal background check conducted by Alabama Bureau of Investigations.
Fees to Apply for a Security Guard in Alabama
The following are the fees for applying for a security guard licences:
- Personal License Fee: $50.00
- Personal License Late Fee: $25.00
- Personal License Replacement Fee: $ 10.00
Training Syllabus for a Security Guard in Alabama
Security Guard License in Alabama is regulated by Alabama Security Regulatory Board.
A person applying for a security guard or security officer license requires to take a minimum of 8 hours Board approved classroom training by a Certified Trainer. The training should includes:
- Training in legal and ethical issues.
- The use of limited force
- How to properly report to authorities
- Write proper written reports
- How to deal with medical emergencies including first aid and CPRl
- How to deal with fire emergencies
- Crowd control
- Detainment of suspects