Security jobs in your ZIP code
Salary and Prospects of Security Guard Jobs in Colorado
As per the latest employment statistics of Bureau of Labor Statistics, the outlook for Security Guard job in Colorado is indicated below.Number of persons employed as Security Guards in Colorado are: 14,890Annual Average Wage of a Security Guard in Colorado is: $28,690.00.In the State of Colorado, an unarmed security guard must be licensed for as long as he or she is employed as a security guard. The City Clerk’s office handles the application.
Eligibility Requirement for Security Guard in Colorado
In order to qualify for an unarmed security guard license the following requirements must be met:
- Must be at least 18 year old.Must be a resident of Colorado.
- Must be a United States citizen or registered resident alien.
- Must have a valid Colorado driver’s license or state ID card.
- A valid social security card.
- Must provide a medical certificate (within 60 days of filing the security guard application) stating you are physically capable of performing the duties of a security guard. Only a physician, nurse practitioner or physician assistant certified by the Colorado State Board of Medical Examiners can administer this certificate.Proof of background check, within 30 days after filing the security guard application, from the CBI or other recognized source
Application Steps for Security Guard in Colorado
Applicant must have a health certificate by a licensed physician, nurse practitioner or physician’s assistant that should be submitted within 60 days upon application. This certification should show that the applicant has no medical conditions that could affect his unarmed security guard duties.Fingerprints must be submitted as well as a complete background check by the CBI or any recognized source.Licensed candidates need to follow an elementary guard training program in order to become a security officer. This is an 8 hours security guard training that covers topics such as conversation skills, crowd control and schooling on detainment of suspects. Applicants can have this study course at any security training school that is of course authorized by the Colorado State.
Fees to Apply for a Security Guard in Colorado
Application Fee: $50.00License Fee: $25.00CBI Name Check: $6.85 Fees can be paid with cash, check, money order or credit card. Checks should be made payable to Manager of Finance.
Training Syllabus for a Security Guard in Colorado
- Ethics and legal issues.
- Working in a public setting.
- Detainment of suspects.
- Legal use of force.
- Proper written reports.
- Emergency training.
Other Useful Information for Security Guard Application in Colorado
PO Box 1575, Mail Code 11030 S Nevada Ave, Suite 101Colorado Springs, CO 80903Phone: (719) 385-5901Fax: (719) 385-5114Contact: City ClerkEmail: email@example.com/Website: http://www.springsgov.com/