Security jobs in your ZIP code
Salary and Prospects of Security Guard Jobs in Connecticut
As per the latest employment statistics of Bureau of Labor Statistics, the outlook for Security Guard job in Connecticut is indicated below.
- Number of persons employed as Security Guards in Connecticut are: 11,890
- Annual Average Wage of a Security Guard in Connecticut is: $30,210.00.
The Connecticut’s Department of Public Safety is in charge of registering and overseeing security guards in the state of Connecticut.
Eligibility Requirement for Security Guard in Connecticut
The following are the requirements to be completed by the applicant:
- Applicant must be a high school graduate. A high school diploma or equivalency certification is needed.
- Applicant must be at least 18 years old to obtain the unarmed security guard license.
- Applicant must have a valid Connecticut driver’s license.
- Applicant must provide fingerprints.
- Applicant must have a proof of legal ability to work in the United States.
- Applicant’s background will be checked done by FBI style.
- Applicant should pass a written training exam with at least a 70 percent grade.
- Applicant should not have any felony charges or convictions in their criminal history or serious misdemeanors.
- Applicant must be of good moral character.
Application Steps for Security Guard in Connecticut
As mentioned on the Department of Public Safety website, “Applicants for Security Officer Certification Identification Card must complete a course of instruction approved by the Commissioner of Public Safety, at their expense. The course is offered by private instructors and involves classroom criminal justice training. Upon completion of the course, the instructor signs off on the reverse side of the application form DPS 135-C. The application form and fingerprints are then submitted to the Special License and Firearms Unit. The Security Officer card is good for 2 years unless suspended or revoked.
Fees to Apply for a Security Guard in Connecticut
Application Fees: $100
Training Syllabus for a Security Guard in Connecticut
The course includes the following:
- An introduction to security.
- Basic first aid that will include identifying emergency and how to prioritize care.
- Basic criminal justice that includes case law, statutes, regulations and the Constitution.
- Search and seizure that will include the Fourth Amendment and relevant statutes.
- Public safety.
- Use of force and the Connecticut laws.
- Terrorism, threat response and hazardous emergencies.
- A written exam that must be passed with at least a 70 percent grade.
Other Useful Information for Security Guard Application in Connecticut
State of ConnecticutDepartment of Public Safety1111 Country Club Rd.Middletown, CT 06457(860) 685-81901-800-842-0200Website: www.ct.gov/despp/site/default.asp/