Security jobs in your ZIP code
Salary and Prospects of Security Guard Jobs in Indiana
- Number of persons employed as Security Guards in Indiana is: 18,120
- Annual Average Wage of a Security Guard in Indiana is: $26,690.00.
Eligibility Requirement for Security Guard in Indiana
- Unarmed security guard applicants should be at least 18 years old.
- He or she must be a citizen of the United States, or a legal and registered resident alien.
- He or she should possess proof of high school education.
- Applicants must submit fingerprints to the FBI.
- Applicants should go through a criminal background check overseen by the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
- Applicants should have no records of felony convictions and acts of crime involving illegal use of firearms.
- He or she must be able to pass drug testing.
- He or she must complete the state certified training courses as required by the Department of Public Safety for Indiana.
- Applicants should posses a driver’s license and a valid social security number.
- He or she must be in good physical condition and must be able to stand for a long hours.
- He or she must possess good communication skills.
Application Steps for Security Guard in Indiana
Fees to Apply for a Security Guard in Indiana
Training Syllabus for a Security Guard in Indiana
- Ethical and legal issues of the State.
- Proper use of non-lethal force.
- Detainment of criminal suspects.
- Immediate response to fire and medical emergencies.
- Observation and patrol.
- Public relations and professionalism.
Other Useful Information for Security Guard Application in Indiana