Security jobs in your ZIP code
Salary and Prospects of Security Guard Jobs in South Dakota
- Number of persons employed as Security Guards in South Dakota is: 1,150
- Annual Average Wage of a Security Guard in South Dakota is: $24,650.00.
Eligibility Requirement for Security Guard in South Dakota
- The person applying must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- He or she must have a high school diploma or any proof of high school education.
- He or she must not have been convicted of crime, felony and any acts of violence and fraud.
- He or she must have no records of convictions involving illegal use of weapons.
- The applicant must not have any history of drug and alcohol dependence, abuse and distribution.
- The applicant must be legally allowed to work in the United States as a citizen or as a registered resident alien.
- The applicant must be willing to submit to a criminal background check, if required by the employer.
- He or she must have a good moral character.
- He or she must be in good physical condition, and must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- The applicant must be skilled and competent in doing the job and must have excellent communication skills.
Application Steps for Security Guard in South Dakota
Fees to Apply for a Security Guard in South Dakota
Training Syllabus for a Security Guard in South Dakota
- Legal and ethical issues.
- Detainment of criminal suspects.
- Reporting to the authorities.
- Immediate response to fire and medical emergencies.
- Written reports.
- Proper use of non-lethal force.
- Public dealings.
Other Useful Information for Security Guard Application in South Dakota