Security jobs in your ZIP code
Salary and Prospects of Security Guard Jobs in Delaware
As per the latest employment statistics of Bureau of Labor Statistics, the outlook for Security Guard job in Delaware is indicated below.
- Number of persons employed as Security Guards in Delaware are: 3,770
- Annual Average Wage of a Security Guard in Delaware is: $24,590.00.
According to the Delaware Department of Public Safety, an unarmed security guard must be licensed. However, before licensing he or she must also take a certified training course by the state.
Eligibility Requirement for Security Guard in Delaware
Basic requirements for applying for an unarmed security guard license:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be hired by a licensed company
- Drug testing (which may be ongoing)
- Complete background check and finger prints
- Must be a United States citizen or registered resident alien (provide proof that you are legally able to work in the US)
- No felony convictions or any crime involving the illegal use of weapons (that includes violent misdemeanors and assault lll or offensive touching in the last three years)
- Must complete a 16 hour certified training course by the state of Delaware before applying for license. Form to be signed by instructor as proof.
Application Steps for Security Guard in Delaware
Before an applicant can get a hold of his license, he must first pass and complete the security guard training course required but the Delaware Department of Public Safety. This course will further educate the unarmed security guard to be more competent when working in private or public settings. Once the security officer training program is completed, the applicant must submit his/her application to the Delaware Department of Public Safety (DDPS). Only then can the license be given to them. The unarmed security guard license is valid for two (2) years once issued. An ongoing refresher course must be completed to renew the license before the expiration date.
Fees to Apply for a Security Guard in Delaware
Application fee is $69 and not refundable and there is a $20 identification card fee required once your application is approved.
Training Syllabus for a Security Guard in Delaware
Basic training curriculum may include but not limited to the following subjects:
- Role of Private Security.
- Legal Aspects.
- Patrol and Observation.
- Incident Response.
- Security Resources: Surveillance operation and documentation.
- Customer Service Issues: Working with and addressing the public.
- First Aid Overview.
Other Useful Information for Security Guard Application in Delaware
Department of Safety and Homeland SecurityOffice of the Secretary303 Transportation Circle (shipping)P.O. Box 818 (postal)Dover , DE 19903(302) 744-2680(302) 739-4874 (Fax)Website: http://dshs.delaware.gov/