Security jobs in your ZIP code
Salary and Prospects of Security Guard Jobs in Georgia
As per the latest employment statistics of Bureau of Labor Statistics, the outlook for Security Guard job in Georgia is indicated below.
- Number of persons employed as Security Guards in Georgia are: 29,340
- Annual Average Wage of a Security Guard in Georgia is: $24,890.00.
To become an unarmed security guard in Georgia, no license is required. However, potential applicant must meet other qualifications, which includes 24 hours of classroom training.
Eligibility Requirement for Security Guard in Georgia
- Must be at least 18 year old.
- Must be a United States citizen or registered resident alien.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Have good moral character.
- No felony convictions or any crime involving the illegal use of weapons.
- Have not committed any acts of fraud.
- Drug testing (which may be ongoing).
Other Requirements that May Be Helpful:
- Driver’s License
- Good physical conditioning
- Be able to stand long periods of time.
- Good Communication skills.
Application Steps for Security Guard in Georgia
A basic training course consisting of at least 24-hours class instruction must be successfully completed. This course can be given by the potential employer or may be taken as a standalone class.
Fees to Apply for a Security Guard in Georgia
Training Syllabus for a Security Guard in Georgia
The training center will provide the applicant the needed education to work in the security sector with education in:
- Proper writing of reports.
- The legal and ethical issues that can arise on the job.
- Crowd management.
- Emergency medical care including CPR .
- Emergency fire training including evacuations.
- Detaining suspects or shoplifters.
Other Useful Information for Security Guard Application in Georgia
237 Coliseum Drive Macon, GA 31217-3858 Phone: (478) 207-2440 Hours: Mon – Fri 8:00 – 5:30Website: http://sos.ga.gov/