Security jobs in your ZIP code
Salary and Prospects of Security Guard Jobs in New Mexico
- Number of persons employed as Security Guards in New Mexico is: 22,450
- Annual Average Wage of a Security Guard in New Mexico is: $27,140.00.
Eligibility Requirement for Security Guard in New Mexico
- The applicant must be at least 18 years old.
- The applicant must have a permission to work as a United States citizen or a legal alien.
- The applicant must have a good moral character.
- Level 2 applicants must possess a high school diploma or certificate of equivalency.
- He or she must not have been convicted of felony, have a history of offense involving illegal use of weapons and acts of violence.
- He or she must be in good condition physically, and willing to stand for long periods of time.
- Every applicant must acquire a driver’s license.
- Every applicant must be able to complete the state-accredited training course.
- Applicants must be employed under a licensed company or under a level 3 security guard and private patrol operator.
Application Steps for Security Guard in New Mexico
- Certification confirming that the applicant completed the required training program.
- Signed and notarized Declaration of Conviction.
- Signed and notarized Authorization for Release of Information.
- 2 passport-type photos, affixed to the application form.
Fees to Apply for a Security Guard in New Mexico
Training Syllabus for a Security Guard in New Mexico
- Security guard roles (1 hr)
- Protection of assets(1 hr)
- Chain of command(1 hr)
- Testifying in court(1 hr)
- Interview skills(2 hrs)
- Report writing(2 hrs)
- Evidence preservation(2 hrs)
- Investigations(3 hrs)
- Professionalism and ethics(3 hrs)
- First aid and CPR(8 hrs)
- Use of force(3 hrs)
- Side handle batons(4 hrs)
- Handcuffing(4 hrs)
- Use of tasers(5 hrs)
- Self defense, weapons and techniques(8 hrs)
Other Useful Information for Security Guard Application in New Mexico